- Each piece is individually handcrafted for you so please allow 3-6 weeks for your order to be created and prepared for shipment.
- Please provide your ‘need-by-date’ in your Shopping Cart. This information puts you in the appropriate spot in our production schedule. If, for any reason, we are unable to meet your requested date, you will be notified within 24 hours.
- If your ordered pieces are in stock, shipment is in 2-3 business days.
- Every Children’s Couture apparel piece is true to size for a perfect fit, cut with room-to-grow for comfort and extended wear, often 2 years of wear for toddlers and girls’ sizes.
- If you are uncertain about what size to select, please contact Mary-Alice and she will be happy to help you determine the correct size. Or, refer to the Size Charts found on any of the Apparel and Accessories Pages.
Custom orders using individual’s specific measurements are welcome. Please contact Mary-Alice for more information and a measurement chart. Please note that custom order sales are final.
- All apparel and accessory sales are for exchange or credit only within 10 days of receipt of order. If your purchase is for a gift at a later date, your exchange period will be adjusted accordingly.
- For exchanges, simply contact Mary-Alice for authorization and instructions.
- All Fabric Sales are final.
Our apparel and accessories rarely require alterations. Should you feel alterations are necessary, simply contact Mary-Alice for further information.
- Children’s Couture only uses premium 100% cotton prints and solids from America’s leading textile manufacturers. All fabrics shown on our site are direct fabric scans and accurate for color, though your individual monitor may vary.
- Fabric samples are available upon request. Please limit to 10 samples.
All apparel and accessories are machine wash and dry for easy case.
Prior to construction, all fabrics and notions are prewashed and dried to eliminate shrinkage in the finished garment.
Give her a head start on a design career with a gift certificate which she can use to select her own favorite design and fabric. Please contact Mary-Alice for more information.
- We will be happy to ship directly to your special recipient. Your purchase will be wrapped in tissue and tied with a pretty fabric bow. A gift card will be enclosed.
- Please provide the name and shipping address of your recipient, along with copy for your gift card in the Notes Box in your Shopping Cart. We will take care of the rest.
- An order/shipping confirmation statement will be sent to you when your order is shipped.
- If you do not see what you need, have questions or comments, please contact Mary-Alice via email anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, by phone at 603-524-8801 during regular business hours; Monday-Saturday 10am-6pm, East Coast Time Zone.
- Customer service is a top priority at Children’s Couture and quality service is as important as the quality products you’ve come to love.
What Does ‘MAD Couture’ Stand For
Children’s Couture Collections are a division/brand of MAD Couture, owned and operated by Mary-Alice Dalton. The ‘MAD’ represents the owner’s initials.
What Is A ‘Couturier’
“A couturier is an establishment or person involved in the clothing fashion industry who makes original garments to order for private clients. A couturier may make what is known as haute couture. Such a person usually hires patternmakers and machinists for garment production, and is either employed by exclusive boutiques or is self-employed.” Wikipedia
Children’s Couture is all of the above with the following corrections:
- In addition to custom work for private clients, Mary-Alice does make ‘off-the-rack’ pieces for the Children’s Couture Showroom and the Art Festivals and Shows she attends throughout the year.
- Mary-Alice does not hire patternmakers and machinists for garment production. She is the patternmaker, individually handcrafts each piece herself, and takes care of all aspects of the business at MAD Couture.